Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The last lecture







This year has been a long bumpy ride for me, interesting and filled with life lessons. I met the most unbelievable people and the most interesting at the same time. The first lesson was filled with promises and I looked ford to spending a new year, in a new place with new people. It was a process of starting all over again if I may simplify it.






Pearl Faith Boltman, became my first Cape Town friend. She had recently completed her diploma in Travel and Tourism, so my arrival was quiet interesting. I had figured out that she was coloured, but her behaviour stroked me. She reminded me of the girl who lives next door my parents’ house- black wild and a glowing sense of humour.


There was no way my year could be heading towards boredom when I met Rebecca Moloto- "Brenda!” as pearl would call her when she is in her jolly moods. Brenda is not her other name, she just reminded her of a late musician Brenda Fassie. Whatever that’s going through you mind now, probably went through mine as well anyway.



When pearl had decided to go on an adventure, leaving me with no one to giggle with in class as some lectures spoke funny, I kept my bond with Rebecca and recruited Wendy Motsisi. I must say, this is the moment my life changed. I adopted a unique style of living and behaved in quiet a blissful way. I enjoyed every second with these witty and smart individuals.

Now that the final day had come, and none of them were in class, I embraced the moment, and thank God for every opportunity he has given me. There were good times, and there were bad, either one, I just had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment