Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Acceptance of Poor Service Delivery


Sometimes I question if the South African Government departments have adopted the Values of slow paced service delivery (the new Black) or it is poor service delivery in general and there is nothing that can be done.

Has the country come to terms that it will never be changed and they might as well contribute? Where does this come from? Yesterday I was at the South African Police Services (SAPS) offices in cape town CBD to lay a case/complaint or claim for a particular matter. I arrived at about 22:15 and I left at 00:05 I only got the paperwork done and nothing else.

I was instructed to wait for the “Big Man” who seemed to be busy helping a certain Judge- the policeman who attempted to assist me regarded him as “One of the famous Judges In Cape Town”.

I sat there with my paperwork till I decided to make copies and leave. Poor service delivery kept ringing in my mind as I looked around at the clock kept ticking. I wondered if I was the sun of a certain minister or judge, will I have sat there in from of the desk, waiting to be assisted.

Anyway, I accepted the situation and enjoyed the stupid, witty float-less conversations with the useless men and women in blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment