Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid

 
I THINK that he is cheating on me again!” “I found a business card in the pocket of his trousers “I went through his apartment and found stuff” “he dosed off when he was on Mxit and I saw the messages, he is actually cheating! Why does it have happen to me?”

We go on and on complaining and telling our friends about how ungrateful our partners may be. But the funny thing is that we still insist on staying in the messed up relationship and still try to find ways to glue together the broken pieces of the mirror. We then hope that the reflection will turn out to be as it were before it broke, but sadly it could just never be.

Let me tell you something that you don’t want to hear, they will never change. It’s like a slap in your face isn’t it? But it’s the truth. If you have been played by that person once, the chances of him doing it again are greater than before the time you caught him.  

Do not get mislead by the term “him” which I use to describe the phenomena. I am actually referring to both genders. If you had created the conclusion that “Men are dogs” you might just have to take that back because it is the just the same with the opposite sex.

For a moment I would like you to ask yourself the following: How many times are you going to keep digging for the next dirt? How many times are you going to keep turning and tossing on that bed stressing over something that does not have a promising future? When are you going to let go of the fear of being alone?  When are you going to stop lying to yourself? When are you going to come to terms that there is no such thing as happily ever after? Why are you still in that relationship when you are unhappy and insecure? When will the insecurity end? Why is your happiness determined by the next person?

Most of the time the response to these questions are: “you just don’t understand, we come from far” or “I have invested so much into this relationship”. Well that still does not give a solution to the situation nor an answer. Make a decision and live with the consequences.

If and when you are in such a relationship, here is my advice to you, be bold, make firm decisions- not that not everyone will like you regardless- and maybe the mighty force will be to your aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment