Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our greatest strengths are our greatest weaknesses.

If you have been reading my blogs, you must be wondering where I met this B- and who this B-is. Well Somewhere around the course of the year I met this wonderful person whom I would like to refer to as B, the wonderful and very intelligent being. The colour of B’s skin is that of a light hot chocolate with extra milk. B’s has a wide smile with perfectly straight white teeth and about 1.6 metres tall.



We met around the university; I was looking for the IT department to fix the problem with my student password. “Please hold the lift” I yelled as I registered the good looking person standing alone in the lift. I quickly made my way in as the lift as it automatically shut its doors. “What will you give me as a reward for holding the lift for you?” you probably asking yourself if this had happened, honestly, it actually did happen. “Anything but not money” I replied. With my strength being able to create conversations that would arouse engagement, I found myself talking on my own leaving no room for B to tell me anything about b’s world.


Yes, over communication if there is such a word.  By the time we got to the fourth floor, I had shared half my life story with a total stranger. I stopped for a moment and questioned myself if my strength is my weakness? Poor B stood there and listened as I went on and on with the one way communication conversation. “I would like to get you numbers as a reward if you do not mind” he replied. Are you kidding me? Just when I least expected it. The perfect answer had gazed into my ears.  My weakness which turned into my strength had scored me some B.  

1 comment:

princess pearly said...

So B is a he? :) Just double checking...

Post a Comment