Thursday, May 24, 2012

Its Graduations Again, B.tech Public Relations Baby








Finally the day has come again. It is by far my greatest achievement. The celebrations were set to be held at the Multi-Purpose hall at the Cape Peninsular University of Technology, Cape Town Campus. The time of event was doted for exactly 10:00. All guests are required to be seated at exactly 09:30, as if that will ever happen. With excitement boiling in our systems, we found ourselves at the photographers tend outside the venue trying to get past the long line to book for our pictures to be taken. At five minutes past ten, we were all seated, waiting for the faculty to walk in.





The music played, while the faculty blessed us with their presence. A lot was being said, but I hardly remember what exactly, what I can remember is that from the second we were told that the ceremony was broadcast live, my friend and I started looking around for the camera every now and then, and yelled for our friends as they went on stage.



The moment came when I was on stage. That Oprah moment! All eyes were on me as I took the walk of success. I smiled, and right there in the crowd, my cousin yelled for me and my friends followed the suit. I think my ears where blocked from all the excitement, but I heard the sound of the flash as I took my steps towards when vice-chancellor. “Well done Siyabonga, you have done us proud, Come again” that was the first time I have ever heard this woman’s voice, and she smiled at me while she said that to me. I was now more than motivated. I went on to take my last picture on stage and moved on to backstage. The ceremony went on till its end.




















Now it was time for celebration, I went to take countless pictures with classmates, family and friends. And later went on to embrace Long Street with my presence. Finally I am a post graduate, and no one can take that away from me.





One thing I learnt from being a tutor at CPUT whilst studying is that when you are given the responsibility to educate, you not only give skills and knowledge to student, you also learn new things, theories and ways to doing things. I learnt to be patient, professional and always be accommodating to other people. I also realised that working as a team is better than working alone. Therefore, if you are going to be working alone, ask for opinions and ideas from other people.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment