Monday, February 20, 2012

How I Accidentally fell in love with Blogging



February 2011 I started a blog. At that time my written communications skills where not so great, but I had to start a blog and update it twice a week if I wanted to get good grades for the Media studies 3 subject. There was no other way out, I could not afford to fail and waste money. I remember going to the internet centre at the university. I went on Google and I typed in; “the best blogs in the world” on the search engine.

I had a vision, that my blog someday will be viewed  as one of the best, and maybe one day receive an award for the most unpredictable and provocative blogs. In addition to that vision, there were many other, as my love for blogging kept growing.

I had recently relocated to Cape Town and I did not have much friends. This circumstance I found myself in motivated me to sit at a restaurant or at the park and keep writing stores. Night after night I sat in loneliness with a bottle of Neidernburg, and at other times I picked the Drostdy-Hof to quench my thirst and to arouse my creativity senses.  

I wrote about everything. The boredom coming from lack of friendship kept me glued to the keyboard at the computer labs until I landed my hands on my own personal laptop. Ladies and Gentlemen, that is when my love for blogging grew even bigger. I realised that there is nothing that fulfils me more than putting together words to tell a great story.  A beast was unleashed and an addiction needed to be treated weeks. It was official. I was In love with blogging.  

No comments:

Post a Comment