Monday, July 23, 2012

24 Candles, 24 Wishes…




I’m alive. Twenty for years to the minute, I was born. I sit here on my couch, looking back at the past and wondering what the future hold in store for me. From the day I started crawling as a baby to the minute I walked on the graduation stage, I am grateful for the years that I have lived up to this far. A lot of people loved to see this day and they did not make it, so for every candle that I will put on my cake I will make a wish, and give gratitude.


Even though I do not have a huge party planned as before, where people dressed to the six and nines, walking around the club intoxicated, and having to deal with the fat bill when the party ends, it still feels as special as the other years. This time around a simple cake will do.

From the day I started crawling as a baby to the minute I walked on the graduation stage, I would like to thank God for everything. I would like to tell him that thanks for my Mother and Family, I’m grateful for the experience along the years. A friend of mine once said: “it’s not about how long you lived, but about what you have done while you were still alive.”


 A lot of people loved to see this day and they did not make it so for every candle that I will put on my cake I will make a wish and thank everyone who contributed to get me where I am today. To everyone who ever loved me, hated me, pushed me, pulled me back, funded me, motivated and supported me in any way, I’m grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment